SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – Over 4000 food items were collected during the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) league-wide food drive. The conference-wide initiative was organized by members of the CCC Student-Athlete Advisor Committee (SAAC).
Each member school was responsible for coordinating the event on its own campus with the donated items distributed to a local organization of its choosing. Items were collected from Friday, Nov. 10 to Friday, Nov. 17. Salve Regina led all schools with over 1200 items collected.
CCC schools have reported they will be donating their items at the following locations:
- Curry - Dedham Food Pantry (Dedham, Mass.)
- Eastern Nazarene - Quincy Family Resource Center (Quincy, Mass.)
- Endicott - The Open Door Food Pantry (Gloucester, Mass.)
- Gordon - on-campus homeless ministry for redistribution and the Beverly Salvation Army
- Nichols - Food Share (Webster, Mass.)
- Roger Williams - East Bay Food Pantry (Bristol, R.I.)
- Salve Regina - Martin Luther King Center (Newport, R.I.)
- University of New England - Biddeford Food Pantry (Biddeford, Maine)
- Western New England –families of local students WNE mentors and the Women’s and Children’s Center
ABOUT THE COMMONWEALTH COAST CONFERENCE
The Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC), founded in 1984, is an NCAA Division III athletic conference comprised of ten full member and four associate member institutions throughout the New England region. Its membership aims to provide student-athletes with a positive experience in their pursuit of excellence through high academic standards, quality competition, and a meaningful student life. The conference administers championships in 18 intercollegiate sports.