SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – Western New England collected 320 items during the first week of the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) Food Drive to lead all conference schools.
There is still time to donate as the food drive runs through Nov. 15. Find out where donations are being collected on your campus by contacting your athletic department.
The University of New England also had a big first week collecting 282 items with more events scheduled for this weekend.
Other schools had smaller donation counts, but expect that number to rise as basketball season and other events on campus provide more opportunities to contribute.
Here is where some schools will be donating their donations:
- Curry – Dedham Food Pantry (Dedham, Mass.)
- Gordon – Danvers People to People Food Pantry (Danvers, Mass.)
- Nichols – Webster Dudley Food Share (Webster, Mass.)
- Roger Williams – East Bay Food Pantry (Bristol, R.I.)
- University of New England – Biddeford Food Pantry (Biddeford, Maine)
- Western New England – YWCA Western Massachusetts (Springfield, Mass.) and other shelters
ABOUT THE COMMONWEALTH COAST CONFERENCE
The Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC), founded in 1984, is an NCAA Division III athletic conference comprised of nine full member and one associate member institutions throughout the New England region. Its membership aims to provide student-athletes with a positive experience in their pursuit of excellence through high academic standards, quality competition, and a meaningful student life. The conference administers championships in 18 intercollegiate sports.